Table of Contents
Table of Contents
In my opinion, seven (7) out of every ten (10) marketers would go through seasons where they just want to be reassured that they can achieve whatever target the company has created for them.
It’s even worse for team leaders because they are accountable for the performance of their team members.
If you are amongst any of these categories, I recommend that you go through these great marketing quotes; they can provide the inspiration and direction you seek for yourself and your team members, as the case may be.
In this content you would find some great marketing quotes by some very resilient and outstanding marketers, this might just be the right therapy needed for your own seasons.
These great marketing quotes can always provide a reference for you and your team members.
I have put together some of the great marketing quotes from some of the top marketers. They include:
- Seth Godin
- Gary Vaynerchuck
- Henry Ford
- Ray Kroc
- David Ogilvy
- Mary Kay Ash
Before I enumerate Godin’s great marketing quotes, let’s briefly meet him.
He is a best-selling author, a speaker, and an entrepreneur. He has authored about seventeen books, some of them include, The Dip, Tribes, Purple Cow, Linchpin, what to Do When It Is Your turn (And it is Always Your Turn), and This Is Marketing.
He also formed two companies Squidoo and Yoyodyne, acquired by Yahoo!
In 2013 he was inducted into the Direct Marketing Hall of Fame and in May 2018 he was inducted into the Marketing Hall of Fame as well https://www.sethgodin.com/
He started his career as a brand manager in Spinnaker Software, he quit in 1986 to start up his company, Seth Godin’s production, since then, his growth in marketing, has known no bounds.For more information’s on Seth Godin’s visit https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/seth-godin-2833.php
Some of Seth Godin’s great marketing quotes that prove every point includes:
- Go for the edges. challenge yourself and your team to discover what those edges are, and then test which edge is more likely to deliver the marketing result that you seek.
- Our job is to make a change. Our job is to interact with them in a way that leaves them much better than we found them; more able to get where they’d like to go.
- Organizations that destroy the status quo wins, whatever the status quo is, changing it gives you an opportunity to be remarkable
- Persistent, consistent, and frequent stories delivered to an aligned audience will earn trust and action → Culled from Seth Godin’s book, ‘’This is Marketing’’
- If you can bring someone belonging, connection, peace of mind, status, or one of the other most desired emotions you have done something worthwhile. The thing you sell is simply a road to achieve those emotions, and we let everyone down when we focus on the tactics, and not the outcomes. Who’s it for and what’s it for are the two questions that guides all of our decisions→ Culled from Seth Godin’s book, ‘’This is Marketing’’
- A lifeguard doesn’t have to spend much time pitching to the drowning person. When you show up with a lifebuoy, if the drowning person understands what is at stake, you don’t have to run ads to get them to hold on to it → Culled from Seth Godin’s book “This Is Marketing’’
- Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.
Most of the great marketing quotes by Seth Godin contained in this article in many ways might seem to redefine your opinion about what marketing truly is.
These great marketing quotes can help you get your purpose for marketing right, that’s the first step to excelling as a Marketer!
Gary Vaynerchuk is another great marketer with several great marketing quotes.
He is an Entrepreneur, who serves as the Chairman of VaynerX and the CEO of VanerMedia. He’s a bestselling author, a speaker, and a prolific marketer.
Within seventeen years, he grew his family business from $3million to $50million a year, as of 2005, through a combination of e-commerce, email marketing, and aggressive pricing. https://blog.cloudpeeps.com/15-best-marketers/
I bet you want to see those great marketing quotes that can help you grow your company just as he grew his family business!
Some of his great marketing quotes are:
- The brand that connects with clients in a real way will win.
- Now if you truly understand marketing you would know there is no individual 6months campaign; there is only a 365-day campaign during which you produce new content daily
- The incredible brand awareness and bottom-line profit achievable through social media marketing requires hustle, heart, sincerity, constant engagement, long-term commitment, and most of all, artful and strategic storytelling.
- Brand storytelling is not about pushing advertising; it’s about bringing value.
- The person that gives the value first would have the leverage.
- The best marketing strategy ever: care.
Most of the great marketing quotes above speak of the importance of a great clientele relationship. People want toknow that you genuinely care and you are committed to bringing value to them, that’s one of the best ways to secure their trust, and of course patronage of your clients.
Have you been practicing some of the details set out in Gary Vaynerchuk's great marketing quotes?
If you haven’t, try it out. Practice consistency and genuine care, that might just be what you need to give your company the required boost in its annual ROI
I bet that name sounds quite familiar. He is a co-founder of the Ford Motor Company, incorporated on the 16th day of July 1903.
This company has since then grown into a fine automobile brand, accessible to persons in various economic classes and ranks one of the top three automobile brands currently https://www.focus2move.com/world-cars-brand-ranking/
Despite the setbacks experienced at the start-up stage, the Ford Motor Company has experienced growth.
Below are some of the great marketing quotes by Henry Ford that can be helpful to any marketer.
- A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time.
- Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
- Working together is a beginning, staying together is progress and working together is a success.
- Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
- You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do
- Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success.
From Henry Ford’s great marketing quotes we are reminded of the need to work hard, and also, the need to be very consistent.
These great marketing quotes by Henry Ford would come in handy to remind you that good marketing is worth the time money and other resources that you put into it.
If you want to keep at your best in seasons when everything in you screams the opposite, then you should see these great marketing quotes by Ray Kroc.
Who is Ray Kroc?
Ray Kroc is a businessman, an author of self-help books, one of his works is called ‘’Grinding it Out’’, this book has some of his great marketing quotes.
He’s falsely known as the founder of McDonald's' because he took grew the original McDonald's restaurant to a brand recognized around the world. He worked at growing his brand, which only started getting recognized after thirty (30) years of hard work.
Ray Kroc’s story is that of perseverance, and you can learn about this from his great marketing quotes
Ray Kroc has some great marketing quotes on the benefits of persistence to any marketer. Some of these great marketing quotes are:
- If you believe in it and you believe in it hard it would be impossible to fail.
- People have marveled about the fact that I didn’t start McDonald's until I was fifty-two years old and then I became a success overnight but I was just like a lot of show business personalities, who work away quietly at their craft for years, and then, suddenly, they get the right break and make it big, it was an overnight success alright but 30years is a long, long night.
- Press on. Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence
- The key to success is to focus on your goals and not your obstacles
- While formal schooling is an important advantage, it is not a guarantee of success, nor is its absence a fatal handicap.
- I have always believed that each man makes his own happiness and is responsible for his own problems.
Every Marketer needs to internalize these great marketing quotes by Ray Kroc;they can serve as an inspiration, whenever a marketing task appears overwhelming.
Mary Kay Ash.
Ever heard of Mary Kay Cosmetics?
You sure have met the remarkable MarketerPrenuer called Mary Kay Ash either through her products or you might have seen some of her great marketing quotes.
Her career as a Marketer began with her selling encyclopedia’s from door to door, upon complaints from customers accusing her of selling things they didn’t need to them, she sought out Stanley Home products, a company that sold houseware and cleaning supplies
From the several challenges that Mary Kay Ash faced in her career as a MarketerPrenuer, she founded Mary Kay Cosmetics Inc. in the year 1963. Since then the company has steadily grown to be one of the direct sellers of skincare products in the United States. More details of the Mary Kay story can be gotten here: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/197602
I bet you can’t wait to hear great marketing quotes from Mary Kay, below are some of her great marketing quotes that can motivate any marketer:
- A good goal is like a strenuous exercise - it makes you stretch
- Don’t limit yourself, many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember you can achieve.
- Aerodynamically, the bumble shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumble doesn’t know it, so it flies anyway.
- Don’t let the negatives of life control you, rise above them, use them as your stepping stones to go higher than you ever dreamed.
- Never give up because you never know if the next try is going to be the one that works.
- The definition of successful people is simply ordinary people with extraordinary determination.
These great marketing quotes by Mary Kay Ash remind us that our productivity is largely dependent on our beliefs.
You would agree with me that advertisement is the life of marketing; it can be carried out in anyway best suited to the marketer and the product being marketed
This article would be incomplete if I do not mention some of the great marketing quotes by David Ogilvy, commonly referred to as the father of advertising.
His full name is David Mackenzie Ogilvy. Former British Advertising Executive and founder of the agency of Ogilvy and Mather, he’s a great propagator of digital marketing and author of some books on advertising, which include: Ogilvy on advertising.
Some of his great marketing quotes are:
- The more you tell the more you sell
- Tell the truth but make the truth fascinating, you know you can’t bore people into buying your product, you can only interest them into buying it
- Unless your campaign has a big idea, it will pass like a ship in the night.
- Another profitable gambit is to give the reader helpful advice or service. It hooks about 75 percent more readers than a copy that deals entirely with the product.
- I don’t know the rules of grammar… if you are trying to persuade people to do something or buy something, it seems to me you should use their language, the language they use every day, the language in which they think. We try to write in the vernacular
- What decides consumers to buy or not to buy is the content of your marketing and not the form.
David Mackenzie Ogilvy’s great marketing quotes speak mostly of the need for innovations. Creating innovative advertisements, such that would appeal to your customers.
The next time you find yourself overwhelmed with your task as a marketer you can simply go through the best marketing quotes by Henry Ford, Mary Kay Ash, or Ray Kroc, presented in this article.
If you ever need to strategize your marketing or connect more with your clients, you can browse through the best marketing quotes by David Ogilvy, Gary Vaynerchuk, or Seth Godin, contained in this article.
These quotes have been handpicked especially for you, to help you thrive in your career as a marketer
I hope you find these great marketing quotes insightful and inspiring!
Let our team take the stress off you by helping you craft a powerful press release in just 24 hours! Plug into our massive distribution network and get your news out there.
Want to save time writing your press release or in need of an effective distribution for your written press release? Claim your 10% Discount NOW
Trusted by over 1,400+ businesses