Vacancies in job positions are something that would come up from time to time in several organizations, particularly marketing firms.
Vacancies can be a result of the expansion of the firm, a better-paying job, relocation, change of career, or any other unforeseen circumstance.
When these vacancies are created, as a prospective employee, do you know the best marketing interview questions that you would likely face during the interview?
On the other hand, do you know the best marketing interview question that you can use to hire the best team as an employer?
This social media content was created to show you the best marketing interview questions you would encounter in an interview.
For the employer, I would be suggesting to you the best marketing interview question that can be used to hire the best team.
Some of the major positions in a marketing firm are:
- Entry-level position.
- SEO strategist position
- Public Relations position
- Marketing Manager Position
- Writer/Editor/Content Marketer position.
Let’s see some of the best marketing interview questions to expect if you are applying for any of the above-mentioned roles
The entry-level position is for someone fresh out of school with little or no experience.
There are so many persons at this level. The more prepared you are, the more chance you have to occupy that position
Below are some of the best marketing interview questions to select the candidate with the greatest potential in other to fill up the vacancy in your organization.
- How has your schooling prepared you for a career in marketing?
- What skill have you acquired that makes you the most suitable for this role.
- Why do you want to work with our team?
- Where do you see your career, five years from now?
- What are you passionate about?
- How can you apply your passion to this job?
- What are the plans to actualize that dream?
- Do you think you have problem-solving skills?
- Give me an example of how you solved a challenge, using your creativity and resourcefulness.
- Do you think you can work effectively with a team?
- Give me a scenario where you successfully carried out a project with the support of your team members
- What were your contributions to the project?
- Do you consider yourself a fast learner?
- How well do you handle innovations?
- Why should we employ you?
Who is an SEO strategist?
According to Mediabistro.com, a Search Engine Optimization specialist is someone that improves website ranking on various search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing. https://www.mediabistro.com/be-inspired/advice-from-the-pros/what-does-an-seo-specialist-do
The duties of an SEO Strategist are quite specialized, hence; only the best marketing interview questions can aid in the selection of the best candidate for the vacancy.
Below are some of the best marketing interview questions that would lead you to select someone who would prove to be an efficient SEO Strategist in your sales team:
- When did you begin your career as an SEO Strategist?
- What part of SEO do you like the most?
- What is your proudest SEO achievement?
- What type of SEO do you use?
- What is the main purpose of using keywords on SEO?
- What is domain authority and how does it affect your ranking
- What are backlinks?
- Name at least one popular tool for checking backlinks?
- Do you crosslink?
- Why do you crosslink?
- What is keyword stemming?
- What is cloaking?
- What is a Google search console?
- What is Blackhat SEO
- What are some famous Black hat SEO techniques?
- What is the difference between page rank and search engine result page?
- What does it mean when nothing appears while searching for a domain?
- The ranking of your domain has dropped how do you diagnose what is wrong?
- What are your perceived prospects of SEO in four years?
- Why is a title tag on a website valuable?
If you are an SEO Strategist going for an interview, then you should be able to supply accurate answers to the above-mentioned best marketing interview questions.
If you are an employer seeking to employ an SEO Strategist, take your candidate through these best marketing interview questions and be sure that these best marketing interview questions would aid you to select the best candidate.
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
The first impression they say matters a lot. The public Relations Officer in the most case would be the first person to tell the story of your company to the world.
Freshworks.com gives a quite explicit explanation of the roles of a PRO https://www.freshworks.com/hrms/job-descriptions/pr-public-relations-officer/
In their words, the PRO is the chief person responsible for all communications, public relations, and public affairs in an organization. He/she runs a team that will work on setting the right image for the company’s brand among its audience.
The best interview questions are the tools required to select someone that would set the right image for your company.
On the other hand, for the applicant, you must have answers to the best marketing interview questions if you want to stand the chance of being selected to fill the vacancy.
Some of the best marketing interview questions required to select a competent Public Relations Officer is as follows:
- How long have you worked as a PRO?
- In your opinion, what is the duty of a PRO?
- Explain all you know about pitch letters
- Why are you interested in working with our team as the PRO?
- What’s the biggest challenge you have faced as a PRO?
- How did you handle it?
- Describe a social media crisis you have had, how did you handle it?
- Can you stay calm under pressure?
- How experienced are you with working with the media?
- What type of questions do you find most challenging, when responding to social media inquiries?
- What are your best social media platforms?
- What are your thoughts about using content marketing and social media for Public Relations?
- Explain all you understand about interactive public relations specialists.
- How do you intend to create the right image for our brand?
- What value can you add to our company?
These are the best marketing interview questions that can help you select the best candidate for the position of PRO.
Who is a marketing manager?
Study.com defines a marketing manager thus:
Marketing managers are the go-to people when looking for advice on all things related to marketing a product or service. These managers lead the everyday efforts of marketing departments and keep up-to-date on the latest social media, web design, and graphic design patterns.
All you need to fill this vacancy with the best applicant is the best marketing interview questions.
For the applicants, you must be abreast with the best marketing interview questions that have been repeated over time in the selection of a marketing manager.
Some of the best interview questions for a marketing manager are:
- Have you handled a managerial position before this time?
- How many persons were under you?
- Did you ever have a struggling team member? If you did how you did help that team member come back on track?
- Why do you want to work with our team?
- If you are allowed to work with this organization what value would you add?
- How do you structure a marketing budget?
- In your opinion, what can set a brand apart from its competitors?
- How can you manage a team of persons with different opinions, working on the same project?
- Describe how you handled the effects of the failure of a marketing campaign.
- How well do you handle tight deadlines?
According to Copyblogger.com, Content marketer is responsible for the planning, creating, sharing of valuable content, to attract and convert prospects into customers and customers into repeated buyers. https://copyblogger.com/what-is-a-content-marketer/
A content writer markets the brand through a carefully crafted representation of what the value their product can add to the customer.
The process of selecting the Content writer of a sales team must be carried out carefully, you want to be sure that the articles the public sees about your brand are professionally written, this can only be possible where the Writer/Editor/Content writer is selected using carefully crafted marketing interview questions.
Some of the best marketing interview questions that can be used in the selection process of a content writer are stated below;
- What do you think are the essential components of content writing?
- What are the types of content writing you know about?
- How do you decide what to write on?
- How do you decide the tone of your content?
- What do you know about SEO writing?
- How do you integrate SEO into your content work?
- When did you begin a career in content writing?
- What are the things you love most about content writing?
- How do you dispel the boredom or monotony associated with content writing?
- How do you deal with pressures and looming deadlines?
- How do you handle feedback, especially negative feedback?
- Do you have a good work ethic?
- How do you plan and schedule your work?
- How do you proofread your jobs?
- How would you analyze the current performance of your content.?
- Describe your writing style
- How do you ensure the credibility of your information?
- What do you hope to achieve as a content writer?
- What is the difference between a blog and an article?
- What are your strengths as a content writer?
These great marketing interview questions are sure guides to ensure that you select the best writer/editor/content marketer for your team.
The above best marketing interview questions have been carefully selected for you, these are questions you should try out the next time you need marketing interview questions either for a Data scientist, SEO Strategist, Writer, Editor, content writer, Visual designer, or Marketing tech.
I hope you try thesebest marketing interview questions soon!